Thursday, May 14, 2015

Robert recently wrote a blog post titled Live and Let Live on his blog Hitting High and to the Right. As
soon as I read the first paragraph of his post I was intrigued and kind of surprised.

I read Robert's bio and the first two words were Steadfast Conservative. I did a little Google search
and when I did the definition popped up on the Political Typology Groups and it said, "This overwhelmingly
Republican group holds very conservative attitudes across most issues, including social policy and the size and scope of government. However, they are critical of business and Wall Street. Steadfast Conservatives also express highly negative attitudes toward immigrants and take a skeptical view of U.S. global involvement."

I'll admit that I'm usually the type to cast people into Liberals and Conservatives stereotype. While I know people can vary on different stances and opinions I usually think if someone is a Liberal then they are a certain way or if they are conservative they are against certain things. I'm definitely going to be more open minded.  I was intrigued by his whole post because he is honest, he admits he doesn't like to label himself or his party of choice, he admits what he believes in, and is open and straight forward. I not only appreciate that, I admire it.

I'm a Christian, and I hate it when people say that it's against "MY" religion. Or that "its not natural" or "its a sin" Honestly it doesn't concern or affect them, they aren't God, and they shouldn't be pushing their religious beliefs on anyone.

Robert brings so many different issues to light, makes valid points, and is well informed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! I pride myself in forming my own opinions on things that relate to politics, no matter the party affiliated with my beliefs.

    ReplyDelete